MS ALABAMA SENIOR AMERICA 2020-21,
REV. ROSE H. McCALL
CONGRATULATIONS to REV. ROSE H. McCALL, Ms Alabama Senior America 2020-21, and Special Thanks to Rita Allen and Edwina Chappell for a wonderful State Queen!
Rev. Rose H. McCall, Ms. Alabama Senior America 2020-21, is a native of Montgomery, Alabama and a graduate of Huntingdon College with a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts. Ordained into the Ministry in May of 2012 at Hutchinson Missionary Baptist Church, she currently serves at the Maggie Street Missionary Baptist Church as an Associate Minister, designs and updates all church Social Media pages and is studying for her Doctorate in Ministry. Rose’s family has its roots and beginnings in the soil of Lowndes County, Alabama, where she has traced them as far back as 1825 to her father’s great, great, great grandfather. Rose is an active retiree working with the Maggie Women’s Ministry and ACTS Food and Clothing Pantry, serving the local community’s food and sustenance needs, and providing food and clothing thru charitable donations given by the church family and their participation in the Montgomery Area Food Bank.
Rose has been a Pageant Judge for more than 30 years, judging pageants on the Local, State and National levels including the Miss America System (Alabama and Georgia prelims) and National America Miss State prelims. She is also a former member of the Alabama Junior Miss Board of Directors, serving from 2005 - 2010. During this time, she also worked for the Federal Government as a Civilian at Maxwell Air Force Base and Gunter Air Force Station, working in Graphics and Audiovisual Communications, followed by five years at the Central Alabama Veterans Affairs Healthcare System.
Rose has devoted her year of service to her platform - "Nowhere to Live: The Homeless Crisis in America." The goal of her platform for the next three years is to develop a program for homeless women, children and Veterans in Alabama, and beyond, because little is being addressed in this country to give people a secure place to live. In her hometown of Montgomery alone, the eviction rate is 12- 15 families a week.
As the first footprint toward her goal, Rose made social and personal contacts with the Montgomery Housing Authority, Alabama State Legislators, The Montgomery County and Lowndes County Chambers of Commerce and Civic Leaders and several churches, to develop a chain of resources that can be used to move people forward, from hopeless and homeless to rebuilding a life for survival.
Rose spends her free time completing her studies for her Doctorate in Ministry, working with the Women’s Ministry at church, and the Food Bank Ministry. Rose’s hobbies include reading and collecting books, sewing, painting, drawing and public speaking. She is the mother of two children, Christopher, age 30 and Shannon, age 26. Rose's philosophy is: "Never give up on your DREAMS"!
A 2021 update from Ms Alabama:
I have been actively involved in graduate school for the last three years as I pursue my Doctorate in Ministry at South University in preparation to become an instructor for other Women interested in Ministry and launching my personal project, “Called to be a Vessel” Ministries. In addition to teaching, I wish to develop programs for homeless women and children in the Tri-County Area. Recent illness from al old back injury stalled my last year of work but I am now in an internship at my church toward my degree, to be completed in 2022. As of 2021:
- Member of the Board, ACTS Food and Clothing Ministry at Maggie Missionary Bapt. Church, Montgomery, AL.
- Associate Minister, Maggie Street Missionary Bapt. Church
- Member, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority – since 1985
- Past Crème de la Crème Entertainment co-chair and organizer for the visit of the 2004 Miss America, Ericka Dunlap
- Former Board Member, Montgomery Transportation Coalition
- Media and Education Chair 2015-2016
- Former Board Member, Alabama Junior Miss Board of Directors - 2005-2010
- Publicity and Public Relations Chair, 2010
- Former Board Member, AIM (Aid to Inmate Mothers) - 2006-2011
- Former Board Member, MAO (Montgomery AIDS Outreach – 2009-2011
- Currently working with the Montgomery County Election Committee as an Inspector for County, State and National Elections
- "Guest Editorial Commentator" for WSFA-TV for two years - more than 30 editorials;
- Co-Chair for 2007 “Survivor Games Day” event held at Maxwell-Gunter AFB; Mistress of Ceremonies of the 2003 and 2006 Annual Awards Banquets
- Served as an Alabama Junior Miss Local Preliminary Judge for 20 years
- State Preliminary Pageant Judge for the Miss Alabama Program (18 years)
- State Preliminary Judge for the Miss Georgia America Scholarship Program